Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Activities Committee

Wow, I have seen committee (many a time) where one or two people do all of the work. What a great committee we have here. Our activities committee met tonight with very little notice and managed to get a lot of things planned out. It was great to feel so supported. I only hope the Lord will strengthen me to do my part. It is a blessing to know I am not alone in striving to live righteously. The Spirit obviously resides with the members who were in my home tonight. And I am very grateful for them.
Another sweet person I love.... Jane M... she came to visit and Grandma Jane just picked up where she left off, loving and nurturing. She is a wonderful friend.

1 comment:

Goob said...

Charity, in reference to your post on the 3rd, I TOTALLY identify! We too had to leave Stake Conference early last week because of irreverent children. Lily was dancing in the aisles and Gabe was using the bench to do donkey kicks. Our house has not and will not be sold. It sucks. BUT! it will all work out, it has too. Like yousaid, maybe there is another plan in store. You guys really put the Lord to the test when Carl quit a well paying job that was injuring his spirit. I imagine you really expected some obvious rewards from the Lord, but one thing that JP and I have learned is that our rewards are not always particularly obvious. One thing that you might look at with the economy the way it is is that the he's working for a financially healthy bank. He's notworking for a company which relies on people making major purchases (likely on credit) to make ends meet. I'd be willing to bet that as the months go by, you'll see the rewards for the changes you've made. Keep your head up. Lisa
p.s. my word verification word is bleings...that's blessings without the s's. Hmmm...makes me think about the idea that we can see the blessings if we'll figure out what's missing.-love ya