Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Temple

I went to the temple Saturday. Luckily, I was able to tag along with the Lasley and save on gas. It was such a nice trip. I went on an endowment session and felt very at peace there. It is truly a place of refuge from this world. I am grateful for the temple. Very seldom do I receive big revelations there but I can always count on having a stress-free time. I love the temple and hope I can do my best to make my home a similar refuge.
A word about "Saint" Joseph. Joseph was our Lord's "foster" father while on the Earth. Little is spoken of his obvious dedication, obedience and love for the Saviour. I recently had the opportunity to study more about him before burying a statue of his likeness in the yard of my home for sale. I have gained a great reverence for him. I am thankful he was the leader of the most perfect household. I am glad to feel like I know him better. Burying the statue, for me, was as much an act of faith as Nemon washing in the river several times to remove his leprosy. It seems a simple thing to do, but I will not be prideful and above doing what is simple to bring about blessing I'm in need of. I pray that my home will sell soon and that I will always remember the new knowledge I've gained of Joseph, the earthly father of Jesus Christ.

No comments: